Sunday, May 23, 2010

Weekly Secret Weapon: Making Denim Cool Again

With the ever-growing influence of the 80s in fashion, I've been seeing countless adaptations of the modernized denim jacket. There are several ways in incorporate your old denim pieces into your daily ensemble in a cool-updated way.



1. The Head to Toe ( I call it the suit)-Can only be achieved if the top and bottom are different shades of blue. My suggestion is to wear darker denim on the bottom to slim your silhouette and then lighter on the top.



2. Unexpected Denim-I've spotted numerous pieces made with denim lately. The full A-line skirt, converse or other sneakers, and denim trouser pants. This gives a casual feel without wearing typical jeans. And, a way to wear denim in the workplace without looking too casual.



3. Mixing and Matching-I've chosen this route. Denim can mixed with dressy pieces that give a fresh face lift. I chose to dig out my denim jacket and pair it with a flirty skirt. Even my shoes are made with a striped denim to really mix up the dressy with casual.




So don't fear, you can still wear your old denim pieces you've been keeping in the back of your closet and now, you know how to mix it up and make it cool again!

1 comment:

Balancing Lisa said...

So cute! I totally rock my old school jean jacket too! I think they're better then the new ones out for sure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...