Monday, April 4, 2011

Weekly Secret Weapon: Straightening the Madness

It is very seldom that I straighten my hair these days, so when I do, I typically have people ask me how I can get it so straight. The first thing I tell them is time, but I decided to share with you all the other tips and skills I use to straighten the madness of curls I have.

Step 1: Tools. I use an ionic hairdryer and straightener, clips, paddle brush, and macadamia oil. The oil is especially key. You can also use Moroccan oil, depending on what your beauty supplier carries. For me, they do the same thing.

Step 2: blow dry. This is what I look like when I blow dry my hair. Crazy right?? I don't really do much when I dry it, just use my fingers and try to get it dry as fast as I can.

Step 3: Clip up your hair in sections. I use little claw clips, but hairdresser clips work well too.

Step 4: Bring on the oil. I pour mine on a plate so I can get it my my fingers easily and onto my hair. Only use the oil on the tips of your hair and always in small sections in order to saturate it.

The boy thinks I look like a monkey when I do this. Kind of do, huh?

Step 5: Straighten in small sections as well. This gets your hair the straightest. I think it's because of the heat in such a small surface area.

Wee, almost done!

And finished. It's pretty easy, just takes some time. So when I do end up straightening my hair, I use dry shampoo for a couple days afterward in order to get the most out of it. That way I can enjoy my silky locks a lot longer. So, all you curly girls out there, you don't have to wait to get a blow out at the salon, you can do it yourself!

1 comment:

Balancing Lisa said...

Your hair is sooo curly! I never realized how much you have to do to get it strait!! lol Looks great though! Thanks for sharing your tips!

http://stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...